Bundeswehr Territorial Command
The Bundeswehr Territorial Command is the military point of contact for civil-military cooperation in Germany.
Established in 2013 as one of three Bundeswehr capability coordination commands, the Bundeswehr Territorial Command is the operational headquarters responsible for the territorial employment of the armed forces in Germany.
Its central element is the Operations Centre (OC), which is operational 365 days a year on a 24/7 basis. Routine tasks of the Operations Centre are the collection and analysis of reports on relevant territorial developments and meteorological and environmental data in order to compile and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date situation picture for Germany. In the event of an emergency, the Operations Centre verifies and assesses the assistance requests coordinated and submitted by the responsible regional territorial commands to enable the available military forces to quickly get into touch with the civilian organisations on the scene, and to ensure efficient and rapid assistance.
The Bundeswehr Territorial Command regularly conducts exercises involving reservists both designated and not designated for reserve assignments to maintain its capacity to efficiently respond to real-life emergencies at all times throughout Germany.
Major training areas are essential assets for the training of armed forces. In its command function, the Bundeswehr Territorial Command ensures that the training installations and facilities required for the best possible preparation of the armed forces on major training areas are established, operated and further developed.
The Bundeswehr Territorial Command is based at the Julius-Leber-Kaserne barracks in Berlin. Similar to the regional territorial commands, the Territorial Tasks Division stays in contact with all relevant civil-military cooperation agencies 24/7. Berlin’s special role as the German capital entails special territorial tasks, such as the performance of protocol tasks supported by the FMoD Guard Battalion, and maintaining close relations with the military attachés of friendly states. A particular highlight of these capital territorial tasks is the solemn pledge ceremony held for new recruits on 20 July in Berlin each year.
Please use the arrow keys (left / right) below to jump to the previous / next slide. Use the tab key to jump to elements (such as links) within the active slide.
You are now leaving the slide module. Press Tab to continue, or otherwise just use the arrow keys to continue navigating.
Major General Carsten Breuer
- Regional Territorial Command Bavaria
- Regional Territorial Command Baden-Württemberg
- Regional Territorial Command Berlin
- Regional Territorial Command Brandenburg
- Regional Territorial Command Bremen
- Regional Territorial Command Hesse
- Regional Territorial Command Hamburg
- Regional Territorial Command Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
- Regional Territorial Command Lower Saxony
- Regional Territorial Command North Rhine-Westphalia
- Regional Territorial Command Rhineland-Palatinate
- Regional Territorial Command Schleswig-Holstein
- Regional Territorial Command Saarland
- Regional Territorial Command Saxony
- Regional Territorial Command Saxony-Anhalt
- Regional Territorial Command Thuringia
- Multinational CIMICCivil Military Co-Operation Command Nienburg
- Major training areas
- FMoD Guard Battalion
"Passen Sie jetzt Ihre Datenschutzeinstellungen an, um Google Maps Standortinformationen zu sehen"
Presse and media