AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications – NATO Quality Assurance Requirements
Quality management for Bundeswehr contracts is based on the NATO requirements for quality assurance, the Allied Quality Assurance Publications (AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications). They are available here for download.
What is governed by AQAPs?
During contract negotiations, BAAINBw uses the requirements laid down in AQAPs as contract elements to be agreed.
Depending on the quality risk identified and the complexity of the contract item, different AQAPs are used which govern different subject matters. Find a brief overview below:
- AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2110 contains the requirements specified in ISO 9001, supplemented by additional NATO requirements.
- AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2131 defines the procedures applicable to final inspections and tests.
- AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2105 usually forms part of a separate contract. It contains the requirements for a contract-related deliverable quality plan to be supplied by the contractor.
- AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2210 supplements AQAPs 2110 and 2310 by software-specific quality assurance requirements.
- AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2310 is specifically addressed to service providers (such as manufacturers, suppliers, and others) involved in particularly complex projects in the aviation, space and defense sectors. This standard contains the requirements specified in EN 9100, also supplemented by additional NATO requirements.
Quality management of Bundeswehr contracts is based on the following AQAPs currently in place:
Standard Related Document, AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-2105-SRD.1, Guidance on the use of AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-2105, Edition A Version 1, November 2018
NATO Quality Assurance Requirements For Design, Development And Production, Edition D, Version 1, June 2016
AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-2110 EDD V1 E (PDF, 184.7 KB)
AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2110:2016 (Edition D, Version 1) is based on ISO 9001:2015 and supersedes AQAPs 2110:2009, 2120:2009 and 2130:2009 (each in its third version).
Standard Related Document, AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-2110-SRD.2, Guidance on the Application of AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2110, Edition D within an AS9100 Quality Management System, Edition A, Version 1
NATO Supplementary Software Quality Assurance Requirements To AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-2110 Or AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-2310, Edition A, Version 2, september 2015
AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-2210(A) (PDF, 263.9 KB)
Mutual Acceptance of Government Quality Assurance and usage of the Allied Quality Assurance Publications (AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications), Edition A Version 2, November 2018
AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 4107 (PDF, 470.4 KB)
Standards Related Document - AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications-4107-SRD.1 - Appropriate National Authorities and Focal Points for Delegation of Government Quality Assurance, Editio A, Version 6, August 2020
AQAPs for Finalization of Work on Current Contracts
The AQAPs mentioned below have lost their validity and only concern the finalization of work on current contracts. AQAPs 2110:2009, 2120:2009 and 2130:2009 were superseded by AQAPAllied Quality Assurance Publications 2110:2016 (Edition D, Version 1) which is based on the new ISO 9001:2015.