DEU Air Command & Control Training Centre
The DEU AirC2 TC
DEU AirC2 TC
The DEU AirC2 TC is responsible for the promotion of Air Command and Control (AirC2) skills amongst the German Armed Forces and its partners. As an education and training facility contributing to NATO, we provide high quality training to meet the alliance's quantitative and qualitative targets in the field of AirC2.
The DEU AirC2 TC constantly implements new areas of knowledge that expand the spectrum of AirC2 in order to make these available in form of new lessons or additional training courses . To strengthen the multinational visibility the close cooperation to Deployable Air Command and Control Centre (DACCC) and Air Operation Centre of Excellence (AO CoE) as well as the coordination with other international command posts and comparable entities is our special focus . The awareness about the DEU AirC2 TC shall be further increased through the participation in multinational symposia , meetings and conferences.
DEU AirC2 TC`s efforts to fulfil the ambitious challenges described above, led to a further Milestone in the third Quarter 2020 when NATO accredited the training facility without any caveats.
We are the leading training institution for AirC2 in Northern Europe. We provide best practice training according to NATO standards to warrant a constant high quality education for the development of AirC2 Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for us and our partners. We offer the right training at the right time in the right location and in the quantity needed by the alliance. We offer a state of the art training environment and training contents. We are commited to promote the "Team AirC2", provide excellent service and expertise to our customers and are open for multinational cooperation.
DEU AirC2 TC offers courses, modules and seminars to address all relevant aspects on the orchestration of AirC2. For this purpose, all training courses are based on NATO standards and offered to all NATO and partner nations military personnel. Course participants learn how their actions may contribute to the successful conduct of a joint campaign. Workload permitting, DEU AirC2 TC also offers local support through Mobile Training Teams (MTT).
The DEU AirC2 TC cooperates with the other AirC2 training facilities, i.e. Deployable Air Command and Control Centre (DACCC) in Poggio Renatico, Italy and Air Operation Centre of Excellence (AO CoE) in Lyon, France. Standardization and harmonization of training contents ensure a common training level.
The DEU AirC2 TC was established mid-2013, following the experiences made during NATO Operation Unified Protector and the German Air Force's commitment to the NATO Response Force 2012. It continuously adjusts its course contents to reflect the latest lessons learned from current operations and incorporate the latest NATO standards and doctrines.
DEU AirC2 TC offers its excellence to all interested partner nations free of any course fees.
For information, that is more detailed take a look into DEU AirC2 TC’s Flyer.
DEU AirC2 TC's Training courses can be found via NATO‘s „Education and Training Opportunities Catalogue“ ETOC (Link) as well.
- Start page: ETOC search
- click the field behind „Training Institution“
- Look for : GERMAN AIR COMMAND AND CONTROL TRAINING CENTER (DEU AIRC2 TC)
Numbers, Data, Facts
Three days introduction course containing basic knowledge about AirC2 appropriate for beginners and/or as preparation for a planned participation on one of the advanced modules.
All DEU Airmen posted to a national or multinational command post at tactical and/or operational level need to have a comprehensive understanding of AirC2. In this two-week course, professional instructors teach the basic AirC2 principles and procedures, supplemented with the practical experience of Subject Matter Experts (SME). This course is obligatory for every designated German Air Force Staff Officer and open to a limited number of multinational participants.
These modules aim at AirC2 personnel earmarked for a specific post within a JFAC HQ (Joint Forces Air Component Headquarters). These one to two week long courses address each of the five divisions of a JFAC HQ and their respective tasks.
Two days compressed joined and combined seminar to present and discuss latest AirC2 related developments at General-/Admiral- level. Participation on invitation Commander Air Operations Command only !
Colonel Oliver Kemmerzell
Colonel (GS#2) Oliver Kemmerzell is Head of DEU AirC2 Training Centre.
Lieutenant Colonel Christian Haß
Lieutenant Colonel (GS#2) Christian Haß is the Deputy Head of the AirC2 Training Centre.
Please use the arrow keys (left / right) below to jump to the previous / next slide. Use the tab key to jump to elements (such as links) within the active slide.
You are now leaving the slide module. Press Tab to continue, or otherwise just use the arrow keys to continue navigating.
- The AirC2 Training Centre started operations as embedded entity within AirOpsCmd in July
- Basic AirC2 “Pilot” Course in November
- First Advanced Module in December
- New Course: Regular Basic AirC2 Courses
- Participation obligatory for every designated German Air Force Staff Officer
- New Courses: Additional AirC2 Advanced Modules developed to train each of the five JFAC divisions as well as the Command Group
- New Course: AirC2 Introduction Course allow newcomers a first look into AirC2
- New Course: AirC2 Seminar for Flag Officers established
- International participation expanded
- Major adjustments to the AirC2 Basic Course
- Cooperation between Finish Defence Forces International Centre (FINCENT) and the Air Operations Command to prepare DEU Training Centre’s NATO accreditation
- Implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS) at DEU AirC2 TC
- Integration of first multinational instructor from Hungary
- successful Pre-accreditation-audit by FINCENT
- The DEU AirC2 TC is looking forward to host the team from NATO Allied Command Transformation to receive formal accreditation
- Due to the COVID - 19 pandemic , it was not possible to carry out any training activities in the period from 13th March 2020 to 17th August 2020. In the meantime , modified Basic AirC2 Courses have been started which were shortened by one week as an interim solution to cover the high demand. With the corresponding measures for protection against the corona virus, all other AirC2 courses have now restarted as well .
- Following the review by Allied Command Transformation (ATCAirport traffic control) it is now official and confirmed that by certificate dated 27 th August 2020, the DEU AirC2 TC can adorn itself with the predicate of a full NATO accreditation. This huge challenge was accomplished in the first attempt.
In the third quarter DEU AirC2 TC reached the number of 2000 national and 300 international students trained in total.
How to apply
For participation on one of our courses, please contact:
Air Operations Command
DEU AirC2 TC
Fon: +49 (0)2824-90-4205
Fax: +49 (0)2824-90-1599
"Passen Sie jetzt Ihre Datenschutzeinstellungen an, um Google Maps Standortinformationen zu sehen"