German United Nations Military Observer Course (DEU UNMOC)
- no time specification available
The United Nations have been and are deploying military observers to peace missions all over the world for several decades. Internationally certified training centers with recognized courses are required to adequately prepare the personnel required for these special missions. The DEU UNUnited Nations Trg Centre is the institution that performs this demanding task on behalf of the Federal Republic of Germany. Since 1993, military observers and liaison officers from all over the world have been trained in Hammelburg for United Nations missions. The course participants are intensively trained in the fields of negotiation, mediation, liaison, coordination, documentation and reporting. The future “United Nations Military Observer (UNMO)” have to undergo several-day exercises in open terrain, where they must demonstrate their knowledge and skills during patrolling and other mission tasks. High-ranking visitors, e.g. the former President of the Federal Republic of Germany in 2016, have repeatedly underlined the enormous importance of this training by their attendance.
The following details all pieces of information that are relevant for future participants prior to arriving at the training centre.
The course participants are enabled to perform their tasks as Military - Observer/-Advisor/-Liaison and Coordination Officer in peacekeeping operations/assistance and support missions under the aegis of the United Nations (UNUnited Nations), the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), the European Union (EU), and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) or comparable organisations.
Course certification: NATO Approved
- 2 days arrival/departure
- 4 weekend days
- 19 training days
English Language Proficiency Profile 2221
- Listening Comprehension (Level 2 - Functional)
- Speaking (Level 2 - Functional)
- Reading Comprehension (Level 2 - Functional)
- Writing (Level 1 - Survival)
- Media handling
- Monitoring sectors/areas and agreements
- Liaison and Coordination
- Work uniform (BDU)
- We recommend bringing wet/cold-weather clothing
- Course fee: 10,511.09 €
- Accommodation and meals: 538.37 €
- If bi-national agreements (e.g. MOUs) are in place, special regulations apply.
- Funding can also be governed by individual training subsidy Programmes.
- We recommend contacting the respective national authorities in Germany.
"Passen Sie jetzt Ihre Datenschutzeinstellungen an, um Google Maps Standortinformationen zu sehen"